Packing Tips for Moving a Business in Brighton, CO
Brighton, CO’s Top Movers Provide Packing Tips for Moving Your Business
Commercial moving can be tricky, which is why we have put together this list of packing tips for moving your business. When moving a business, you not only do you have to manage moving day itself, but you are also faced with the challenge of making the move as seamless and non-disruptive as possible. With a potential drop in productivity on your mind (and a million relocation notices to send), packing might be the last thing you’re thinking about. That’s why Great Plains Moving and Storage in Brighton, CO and Colorado Springs, CO is here to help you get started.
With a little more preparation on the front end, you can simplify the moving and storage process for your entire enterprise. Use this list of packing tips for moving to get started.
- Start early - The sooner you begin planning for your commercial, the less stressful it will be. Even if you’re hiring professional moving companies to help with the heavy lifting, you are still arranging the relocation and need a plan in place. Take a walk-through of your new location to get an idea of where everything will go and designate a point-person to oversee the packing process in each department. You don’t want any essential documents to get lost in the fray, so have a folder on-hand with any important papers (including this list of packing tips for moving)
- Invest in proper packing supplies - If you’re transporting high-value electronics and custom equipment, then cardboard boxes may not cut it. Order tough containers and bubble wrap to keep your objects safe or talk to your movers about specialty crating services.
- Label. This allows both you and your movers to easily pack, track, and unpack boxes at your new location. Label both the top and sides of each box with a number, a room name, and a brief description of its contents. Make an inventory sheet to look over at the end of the day so you can be sure everything made it off the truck.
- Care for your computers and cables - Computers are most likely the most expensive and critical assets of your business, which is why they should be packed with care. Each computer should be properly wrapped and padded and should never be placed on top of or underneath other items in a box. Remember to remove all chords and cables attached to the computer, and store those in a labeled zip-locked bag. Remember to back up your data before unplugging anything!
- Don’t forget the furniture - Transporting furniture may be the most challenging part of your commercial move. For this reason, we recommend hiring a professional moving company to ensure the safe relocation of your desks, chairs, and shelves. But if you’re doing it on your own, make sure you know what you are doing. Disassemble each piece of furniture if possible and wrap the individual components separately. Empty all non-removable drawers and table them shut to avoid damage.
Contact Great Plains Moving and Storage
Use this list of packing tips for moving for an effective, efficient commercial move. Contact Great Plains Moving and Storage in Brighton, CO and Colorado Springs, CO today for more information on our professional packing and office moving services.