The Ultimate Checklist for Office Moving Companies
Office Moving Checklist Provide Tips on Moving Your Office
Your office is preparing for a move that is coming fast. Organization and planning are key. Here are some top tips from a leader among office moving companies in Brighton, CO and Colorado Springs, CO, Great Plains Moving and Storage.
- Notify your employees - This is the first step—make sure everyone knows! An email will give your staff all the information they need for the move. Include a shared folder containing all the need to know checklists, spreadsheets, contacts, timelines, and budget information.
- Take inventory - Know what you are moving. Offices are full of a lot of stuff such as files, products, and furniture. You will need to know what you have in order to estimate moving costs when looking for a moving and storage company.
- Get an estimate - Call a local moving company for an estimate. Walk through both the new and current office to plan the possible move and assess what kind of movers and services you will need. Then, hire one of the office moving companies.
- Notify your partners - Notify your business partners, your financial accounts, the post office, and more about your change of address.
- Establish safety procedures - Make sure safety procedures are reviewed and followed by all staff during the move.
- Pack - Planning will save you and your team a lot of time with packing. Do it in steps and not all at once to avoid chaos. Make a list of how to keep everything organized and labeled and where items that will be discarded or donated should go.
- Collect all building access keys - With leaving your current building, collect all passes, keys, and more from your employees.
- Make it fun - Throw an office moving party. Host an event to celebrate the accomplishments of your business in this location. Moving can be stressful, so it is important to take care of your employees and provide them with a chance to blow off some pre-move stress.
Organization and information will help your company through the move. Once you follow these tips and pick one of the office moving companies, your move will be on its way.
Contact Great Plains Moving and Storage
Contact one of the top office moving companies in Brighton, CO and Colorado Springs, CO, Great Plains Moving and Storage, for a free estimate today.