Professional Movers’ Advice on Moving Office Equipment
Safe & Efficient Ways of Moving Office Equipment in Brighton, CO & Colorado Springs, CO
Is your office planning a move in Brighton, CO or Colorado Springs, CO, and you are wondering where to begin? It’s overwhelming to prepare an entire office for a move. That’s why Great Plains Moving and Storage has gathered the best tips for moving office equipment to guide you through all your moving and storage needs.
Key Steps for Office Moving Success
With these steps in mind, you will be all ready and prepared for your move. Preparation will help smooth the process of moving and storage, as well as moving office equipment. Being ready for the move also helps the movers that you hire have a better game plan for the move, in order to help you and your staff get back to work as soon as possible.
- Be prepared - This first step is crucial. Plan at least three months before the move. Spend this time informing and training your staff, taking inventory, and deciding what and how much needs to be moved. Also, use this time to search for professional moving companies to help you move as well.
- Involve your employees - Your employees’ daily lives and work will be affected by this move. Give them clear guidelines on when to begin packing, what work they should take home, and go over proper packing and lifting safety techniques if they are helping in any part of the move.
- Hire experienced office movers - To make sure the move goes right; you need to look at the right moving companies to hire for the job. Hire movers who are professionally trained and properly equipped for moving office equipment. Pick your top three moving companies to come to your current office and the new office for an estimate. Be sure to tell them exactly what you require so they can give you the services you need and a proper estimate.
- Hire a move manager - With so much going on, hire a move manager to assist and streamline the move process. They will handle all your schedules, coordinate, and communicate with the movers. They can help to plan the exact moving date as well. Don’t pick a time of the year that is busy for your company or that might disturb meetings with your clientele.
- Change of address - Announce to your clients your change of address. Update your website and all published materials.
Contact Great Plains Moving and Storage
For more information on how our professional office movers can help you with moving office equipment, contact Great Plains Moving and Storage in Brighton, CO and Colorado Springs, CO today.