Advice from Moving and Storage Companies: 5 Things to Do 1 Week Before Moving
Discover 5 Things You Should Do 1 Week Before Moving from Professional Moving and Storage Companies in Brighton, CO & Colorado Springs, CO
The moving day for your big move always comes fast. A week before the move, there is a lot to do to make sure your move happens without a hitch. As a leader among moving companies in Brighton, CO and Colorado Springs, CO, Great Plains Moving and Storage’s has put together these five tips about what you should do one week before your move.
- Set Aside Essentials - After looking at moving and storage companies and picking the best one for you, make sure you set aside some essential items before everything is packed up in preparation for the move. Pack any toiletries, snacks, medication, pet food, clothes, and more that you will need during the trip to your new home. Also, make sure you have any necessary paperwork, licenses, or even the kid’s schoolwork in easy reach during the move.
- Tie Up Loose Ends - Clean up any loose ends by paying your last bills and cancel any utilities connected to the old home. Make sure utilities are transferred to your new address. Also, make sure your banking is moved to your new location as well. Transfer your accounts and close any safety deposit boxes.
- Check the Shed & Garage - Don’t forget the contents of your garage or shed before moving. Make sure you drain your lawnmower and other power tools. Safely dispose of any flammable items that most moving and storage companies will not move. Cover the heads of tools and any sharp blades as well.
- Pack Carefully - Many moving and storage companies offer full-service moves, but if you are packing your own belongings, make sure you disassemble your furniture before the movers come to pick it up. Put any loose screws or hardware in labeled bags and either tape them to the furniture or keep in a separate labeled box to find again for reassembly.
- Contact Your Moving Company - Before any of your preparations, it is important to double-check with the moving company one week before the move to make sure everything is scheduled and ready to go. With all these steps, you will be ready for the move to begin. Save yourself the stress and complete these steps ahead of time.
Contact Great Plains Moving and Storage
Contact Great Plains Moving and Storage, a leader among moving and storage companies in Brighton, CO and Colorado Springs, CO. Our professional movers are here for all your moving and storage needs in Colorado.